A Bali-based office of the world’s first circular economy franchise that designs and manufactures products using an innovative, high-performance material made entirely from recycled chopsticks is looking for a Business Development Representative.
We are looking for an experienced, dynamic, and results-oriented Business Development Representative who is passionate about sustainability to join the team. You will work closely with the company owner and management team to rapidly grow the company’s revenue and brand presence in Indonesia by delivering custom value-added solutions to target customers.
You’re an individual who can play as part of a dynamic and collaborative international team. You’re self-motivated and can work independently to create and execute go-to-market strategies, prospect for and qualify new leads, and follow through on potential opportunities from start to finish to close deals in the business development cycle.
Your mission is to create the company’s believers, not just customers, and play an essential role in building a carbon-neutral future, one chopstick at a time.
- Analyze and understand the Indonesian market landscape (e.g. restaurant, hotel, and development businesses), with an initial focus on Bali’s market as well as Indonesia and South East Asia.
- Assist owner in opening new company locations in Indonesia
- Work collaboratively with internal teams to create and implement go-to-market strategies and business plans designed to maximize Company revenue.
- Identify target customers and specific opportunities for Company’s custom solutions, and understand customer needs, buying processes, and sales cycles.
- Engage directly with decision-makers and influencers within target customers to identify opportunities, assess customer needs and problems, and present the company’s solutions.
- Manage the entire sales cycle for customers, from lead generation and prospecting to sales opportunity pipeline and account management.
- Identify key influencers within the furniture and hospitality industry that guide public opinions, and build networks and relationships that will serve as a foundation for long-term success.
- Understand industry dynamics within the local market, assess trends and opportunities, and deliver training on initiatives and tactics internally to drive growth.
- Fully understand and be able to educate Marketing and Operations team members on the specific product and buying requirements of the industry.
- Work closely with Product Management on creating requirements and specifications for custom company solutions such as table tops, feature walls, and other related products.
- Conduct regular reviews of market development success, focusing on ROI, financial goals, and brand awareness and perception. Write articles and case studies for key industry publications, educating customers on Company products and solutions.
The qualifications, skills, and experience that will put you over the top
- A passion for environmental sustainability and a shared vision of a carbon-neutral future.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a B2B business development, sales, account management, or marketing role.
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent in Business Administration, Marketing, or Sales experience.
- Proven track record of hunting and prospecting to generate new business, and willing and able to get creative when necessary.
- A genuine, warm, and sincere approach to prospecting and networking, engaging with people as people, not customers.
- Results-driven and able to develop goals and consistently meet or exceed targets, but not at the expense of your (or the company’s) values.
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and influencing skills (you could sell a pen to anyone).
- Self-motivated and energetic with a high level of commitment (this isn’t a 9-to-5 J.O.B.).
- Experience working with CRM and sales automation systems, and able to manipulate lead and opportunity data for analysis and reporting.
- Experience working for a product manufacturing company is an asset.
- A background in the furniture or retail business in Bali is preferred.
- Able to work flexibly in a changing startup work environment.
- Indonesian Citizen
- Fluent English
About the company
The company is the world’s first circular economy franchise that designs and manufactures products using an innovative, high-performance material made entirely from recycled chopsticks. Since its founding in 2016, Company’s “urban harvesting” approach has saved over 100 million chopsticks from landfill, turning them into beautiful and sustainable products for the home and office. Based in Vancouver, Canada, the company operates a global network of corporate and franchise Microfactories that source, manufacture, distribute, and employ within local communities. The company is a certified B Corporation with a simple vision of building a carbon-neutral future, one chopstick at a time.
Apply for this job
Nothing is Impossible!